Lentiviral Particle Assembly & Infection Kit
The High Efficiency Lenti2go Lentiviral Particle Assembly and Infection Kit provides a convenient and efficient tool for producing lentiviral particles to deliver and express your gene of interest in dividing, non-dividing, or primary cells. The multi-vector pre-mixed Packaging Mix is easy to use and designed to express viral structural proteins and the VSV-G (vesicular stomatitis virus glycoprotein) envelope protein at ratios optimal for lentiviral assembly and production. In addition, the Kit also provides a lentiviral transduction enhancer, Lenti-InfectinTM, a proprietary technology developed at Virongy, to significantly increase productive viral transduction rate (up to 30-fold). The use of Lenti-InfectinTM eliminates the need to concentrate viral particles, and greatly facilitates biological and biochemical characterization of lentiviral transduced cells.
- Preoptimized vector mix, ready to use, and easy steps
- Lenti-InfectinTM technology that enhances transduction efficiency up to 30-fold
- No need for viral particle concentration
- High transduction efficiency for both cell lines and primary cells.
Lentiviral particle assembly using Lenti2go Lentiviral Kit (10 cm dish)
- One day (18-24 hours) prior to co-transfection, plate 3 x 106 HEK293T cells in a 10 cm dish and grow at 37°C to reach about 80% confluence.
- Remove medium from the dish and rinse with serum free DMEM medium, then add 9 ml of warm, serum-free medium.
- Prepare transfection solution: Set up two tubes (A) and (B). (A) is for DNA dilution, and (B) is for dilution of Transfectin.
- In (A), add 5 μg of Packaging vector Mix, add 5 μg of Lent-viral vector of your choice, and then add serum-free DMEM medium to make a final volume of 500 μl, Mix well.
- In (B), add 45 μl of Transfectin, and then add 455 μl if serum-free DMEM medium to make a final volume of 500 μl. Mix well.
- Combine (A) and (B) into a total volume of 1 ml. Mix DNA and Transfectin by vortexing, and incubate at room temperature for 15 min.
- Add the 1 ml (A) + (B) mixture to the dish drop-wise. Mix gently by slowly rotating the dish. Incubate at 37°C for 6 hours.
- Carefully remove the supernatant with a pipette (careful not to remove cells). Add 10 ml of warm DMEM with serum. Culture cells for 48 hours.
- Harvest virus at 48 hours. Filter through a 0.45 μm to remove cellular debris. Aliquot and store the virus at -80°C.