A cutting-edge technology in virology research
InfectinTM is a viral infection enhancer designed to facilitate viral penetration of the cortical actin barrier, thereby greatly enhancing productive viral infection. InfectinTM can be used to facilitate the infection of a variety of host cells by different viruses and viral vectors. InfectinTM can enhance viral infection rates by 5 to 20 fold. Virongy developed InfectinTM based on the scientific theory that the actin cytoskeleton is a natural barrier for viral entry and post-entry intracellular migration (Yoder et al., Cell, 2008, 134:782).
- Enhancing lenti- or retroviral transduction of target cells
- Enhancing infection rates of other enveloped viruses
- Facilitating recovery of infectious viruses from cell or tissue cultures
- Facilitating anti-viral drug screening efficiency
- Once thawed, InfectinTM should be stored at 4oC, and is stable for 3 months.
- Do not re-freeze and do not leave InfectinTM at room temperature.
- InfectinTM viral infection enhancer works with most cell lines to enhance viral infection. On average, InfectinTM enhances productive viral infection by 5- to 30-fold*.
- InfectinTM is formulated at 10X concentration. For best results, when using InfectinTM for the first time, start with a higher concentration (final Infectin concentration may be 2X or 3X). The lowest effective dosage can be determined through a titration experiment (final InfectinTM concentration may be as low as 1X).
(*The degree of enhancement is affected by the type of virus and cells. Enhancement is strongest for enveloped viruses entering cells via membrane fusion.)